Friday, September 25, 2009

Hermann Night Cross

And so it begins... Decent but entirely unspectacular start to the 2009 cross season this past weekend in Hermann. I felt pretty redlined from the start with an immediate run up the steep staircase and was riding very sloppy through the first part of the race. I was riding in the top ten and suffering and a few key crashes set me back several positions that I was never able to make up. Luckily, I had ace teammate Zach Brace there to help pace me through a rough patch in the middle third of the race. I started feeling better and more comfortable toward the end and ended up finishing 13th. Not exactly what I was hoping for but serious motivation to get the ball rolling. Hopefully with a renewed committment to intensity after a month of endurance, things will come around. We'll see. For now, my face says it all...

1 comment:

Casey Ryback said...

We have one gigantic season looming ahead of us, don't we?