Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lately...

I've been thouroughly wiped the last few weeks from some serious stress and it has sapped my motivation in a big way. Luckily, the beer intake has been curbed to a certain extent and I've actually incorporated some semi-regular core work into my day so something has been going right. The last few weeks have seen a decent amount of tempo and LT action with some good solid dirt riding, so that's been good to take my mind off things. It's going to be interesting to see how Castlewood goes this weekend. It's been three years since I've gotten to race there and I've never done it as an expert. Still, it should be a great day and the forecast leading up to the race calls for pain. I think I'm somewhat prepared, but you never know until you go. Luckily the BMF Epic is rockstar and it will hopefully make up for some areas where I'm lacking...

This last Sunday was kick ass. I opted out of the wind tunnel circuit race at Carondelet, instead spending my energy on a trail work day at Creve Couer Park and two and a half hours of what can only be described as ultimate freeroad. The cross bike lit up the spectacular singletrack at Creve Couer and Bangert Island and I was left with a huge grin on my face. If only it had disc brakes... Seriously, do this ride. Ride (or drive) to CC park, rip the singletrack, ride Page extension and Katy to Bangert, rip some laps there and ride back to CC to finish off the day with some more singletrack. Unbelievable.

Big week coming up with Flight of the Conchords last nite, grand opening of the mega concept store tonight and tomorrow, Castlewood Sunday, Killers Monday and third row seats to the game on Wednesday. Even though the Lung isn't going to make it to the race Sunday, I think there's a lot to be excited about. Here we go...

No comments: