Friday, March 20, 2009

It begins...

March has been good to me on the mileage end of things. I feel as if I'm making up for lost time, or maybe just building on the last two months. Either way, I feel that the base will be better than expected and I'm looking forward to opening it at Lost Valley on Sunday. There is mild trepidation as I am the race promoter and thus subjecting myself to more stress than is healthy in the lead up to the season opener. Cliche though it may be, this race and the Rim Wrecker are primarily training events so I shouldn't fret too much over my performance. It is difficult, though , not to hope for good results after the successes during cyclocross. Worse comes to worse, it's another long day on the mountain bike and, results aside, there's no other way I'd like to spend a Sunday... Here we go.

No comments: