Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Winter



This winter's been rough so far. Not Wisconsin or Minnesota rough, but more than I care for. Anyhow, between roller sessions, yoga and a bit of weight training, I've been keeping busy. Truthfully, not as busy as I'd hoped to be in order to bring myself up a level for '09, but better than what was going on in the last half of December. It's alright, I get worked up a bit this time every year when I'm behind the ball, but it's important to note that it is still only January and I have a good few months before the serious MTB objectives. More and more, it seems that CX is all I should focus on, but the rest of it is so much fun, I can't help but want to bump it up a notch every year. Hopefully, I reached a new level this past season, but even if I'm wrong, I will still have a blast with the expanded Midwest Fat Tire Series this year, so it's all positive. I also have sick new bike,which is bringing me no end of joy and inspiring me to ride off road more than any time in the last several years, so all that's good stuff. Ultimately, I'm happy and excited for the coming year, I just need to get through the next couple months and I'm gold. Team camp this weekend, complete with firearms, and a late season big money CX race the week after so there's a bit to keep me occupied for now. Bring on the OZ epic!

1 comment:

Living a Lie said...

One month down. Keep it up. The form will come with the hard work you are putting in.